Saturday, September 22, 2007

Lord's Day Prayer

Gracious and Merciful Father,

I praise you for your day. I praise you for the rest that you give your people in Christ. Thank you that He is our sabbath, our Jubilee. As your people gather all over the world this day, I pray you would send your Word forth in power. Give your people hearts to worship you in spirit and in truth. For you are spirit, and your people must worship you in spirit and in truth. Give me ears to hear and eyes to see. Make me a captive, Lord. Father, would you attend to the preaching of your perfect and infallible Word by your Spirit? I pray your Kingdom might be built up by the preaching of your Word on Capitol Hill this day. Would you teach me of your mercy. I am grateful that your mercies are new every morning. Help me to increasingly understand myself as one who is in need of mercy. Would you give those who still wander hopelessly in the dominion of darkness ears to hear this very day? Father, I pray you would make dead hearts come alive. For the glory of your name, I pray you would hear and act. For Christ's sake and His Kingdom.

No comments: